Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fried Red Snapper and shrimp


When I was on the coast a while back I got three different fish that we have not cooked and this is the second one. A red snapper and this time I decided to just fry it with some Zaterains fish fry.

This was out of this world. The fish had a nice flavor and did well as fried. Add some cold slaw and home made french fries. Oh and why I was add it I did a few onion rings this way also. Yum Yum much better than Pen's.

three fillets of red fish
1 egg with 1/2 cup to cup of milk to make a wash
Zaterains fish fry
oil to fry in
take the fish and dip in egg wash and then using a paper bag or baggie with the Zaterains about a cup or how much as needed and shake till coated.
Fry in hot oil till flaky.

1 comment:

The JR said...

I've got some snapper fillets in the freezer. I'll have to thaw them out.