Monday, May 23, 2011

Fried Corn




The grocery had some corn on sale and it;s been since last summer since we had fresh corn that I could not resist. I felt it would go good with our BBQ dinner along with some cold slaw.
It has been a long time since I fried corn we have been using it in other recipes so I thought I would do an old stand by.
This is so easy and I forgot how good it can taste.
Since it is just the two of us we only used 2 ears sweet bio colored corn.
Cut it off the cob
we used our good old black cast iron skillet(reminds us of our grand mothers cooking)
a little bacon grease
butter
cream or half and half
a little water as needed
heat bacon grease and cover skillet
add corn and stir it around to coat if corn is thick add a little water.
but in a bit of butter (abut 2 tablespoons)
Cover and let corn simmer over low heat
You do need to keep and eye on it and stir it till it thickens.
We also garnished with cilantro.

2 comments:

The JR said...

cast iron skillets are the best in the world for home cooking

Wills Kitchen said...

Wish we ahad a few more.