Been working out of town this week and glad to be back home. Looks like we are set for another round of rainy weather. Looks like I will not get the grass cut this weekend. Still with out a refrigerator so to speak so this is a quick and easy dish for two.
Pasta with Asparagus and Shrimp
12 large shrimp (we use more)
Pasta of choice, linguine spaghetti or angel hair. (we used spaghetti)
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of garlic (we use a little more)
1 teaspoon chopped shallots ( we used a yellow onion and of course added a little more)
10 stalks asparagus cut in 2-inch pieces.
½-cup mushrooms or small can.
1/8 dry crushed red pepper (we add a pinch more because we like it spicy)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil (this is one herb we were able to grow fairly well this year)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (this is another we were able to grow fairly well this year)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese ( We love cheese and this is no way enough so we extra after it is served.)
½ cup dry white wine. Save rest to drink with meal.
1. Cook pasta and ser aside.
2. Heat large skillet about 10 inches or larger. Add olive oil garlic onion and shrimp cook 2 3 minutes stirring constantly until shrimp turn pink.
3. Add asparagus and mushrooms salt and red pepper.
4. Stir in wine scraping bottom of skillet to loosen any partials (the good stuff.)
5. Add pasta, basil and rest of the herbs and cheese.
Serve with crispy bread and enjoy.