Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken Parmesan


Can you believe I have never made this dish. For some reason I guess I thought it would be real complicated. It was nothing like the chili rellenos we cooked. We got some chicken breast on sale and thought we would give this a go. We had some spaghetti sauce put up and used that.

2 boneless and skinless chicken breast pounded flat
Salt and pepper
Cook spaghetti for two.
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 egg beaten
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup spaghetti sauce
2 slices mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Flatten chicken and salt and pepper to taste
Dip chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs
Fry in butter in hot skillet, turning and browning for about 10 minutes
or till cooked
remove from skillet
add spaghetti sauce to skillet and heat
Add chicken and place mozzarella on top of chicken
Cover and cook till cheese is melted.
Place over spaghetti and sprinkles parmesan cheese on top.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Hey Will.. I've never made this either, but you made it sound easy and look delicious! Maybe I'll try it on my next break from my diet. If I'm going to cheat, I plan on doing it for a reason like this. Awesome.

Having fun reading your blog. As always, take care, Keri

The JR said...

I've eaten it out, but never made it. Might have to try your recipe though!

Lisa King said...

Fix it for me now! Yermie!