Friday, July 11, 2008

Blueberry or Blackberry Cobbler

This was easy to do and the recipe came from of course the Pioneer Woman, we are working our way threw her recipes. I have to admit we like a juicier cobbler(it may be a sourthen thing)as we felt like we were eating a giant blueberry muffin. Nevertheless, we still ate every bit and it went great with ice cream.




Blueberry or Blackberry Cobbler

1-cup milk
1 stick butter
1 ¼-cup sugar
C cup self rising flour
2 cups blueberries or blackberries (can use fresh or frozen)
(We used fresh blueberries)

Melt butter combine one cup of sugar and flour in bowl whisk in the milk. Mix well. Add butter and blend well, pour into a buttered baking dish. Take (rinsed and dried) berries and arrange on top as even as you can. Sprinkle on top ¼ cup of sugar. Bake in pre heated oven at 350 for one hour or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Sew Gracious said...

Hey there! I found you from Patty's Cook It, Blog It list! I'm there too! I recently made and blogged about a similar recipe. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing your version. [I do like a juicier cobbler too! I'll be blogging about a recently juicy peach cobbler I made soon]