Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wow I cant believe I have been gone so long. I have been working out of town a lot the last few months and of course when I’m home there is a huge honey do list. I have been making a few of my favorite recipes we already have posted and a few new ones we made that were ok but not that great. I like to put the really good ones here not just the ok ones.
We did come across a great recipe for quick cobblers and just about made one of each kind. Blackberry , cherry, blueberry and strawberry.
We also used fresh fruit when possible blackberries and blueberries and with then another with the pie filling and we could not tell that big of difference.
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup flour (all purpose)
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup milk
1 (15 oz can pie filling (flavor of your choice) or one cup fresh fruit may need to add more.
1. Melt butter in baking dish
2. Mix sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder
3. Add milk and mix well
4. Pour batter into melted butter …… do not stir!
5. Pour pie filling into batter(drop by spoonful and put several in middle and divide the rest into the corners and sides… do not stir!).
6. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
Serve with cool whip, whip cream, ice cream or just plain. Ummmmmm good.